Working therapeutically with adults with neurological disorders and their families is a specialty I have developed over the past decade.
Individuals with neurological disorders may experience changes in their physical functioning, their cognitive skills, and their emotions and behavior. One's sense of self may be altered. Family members and friends may not be prepared for the changes in their loved one or know how to support them.
Research has demonstrated that educating the individual and their family about expectations can be extremely helpful. A short-term supportive approach can promote adjustment to living with the neurological condition. Focusing on values, future goals, and purpose and meaning of one's life can lead to positive, productive outcomes.
* Mild Cognitive Impairment
* Multiple Sclerosis
* Neurocognitive Disorders
* Parkinson’s Disease
* Stroke/Cerebrovascular Disease
* Traumatic Brain Injury, including Concussion
Problems include difficulties with:
* Executive Functioning
* Interpersonal relationships
Clinical Services available:
* Individual therapy (integrative approach based on CBT foundation and existential/humanistic framework)
* Group therapy programs (formed for individuals with similar neurological conditions, or caregivers)
* Neuropsychological evaluations
Our Services List
Serving the Burke area and the Fairfax County Community.
Fairfax City, VA
Back to Top of Page